1 Feb 2018
Artificial Grass – The benefits of an artificial lawn
What Are the Benefits of Artificial Grass Installation?
Below we have put together a list of the benefits of artificial grass installation::
- Once laid artificial grass needs very little maintenance. Because this frees up the time you would have spent mowing your lawn, allowing you to do something more enjoyable in your garden.
- Artificial grass is ideal for people who can no longer manage the physical aspect of looking after their own gardens. They often rely on family and friends or pay a professional gardening company to take care of it. An artificial lawn once laid, takes very little time and effort to care for.
- Fake grass has also become a very popular option with Holiday homeowners. You may only visit their properties occasionally, usually at the end of the holiday season or a booking. Static caravan owners don’t have the time or resources to care for a grass lawn. Meaning you have to employ a professional company or pay extra fees.
The Environmental benefits of Artificial Grass.
In the UK, we’ve seen increased restrictions on water usage from hosepipe bans. Bad news for natural lawns! A natural lawn that isn’t watered in hot weather, can be permanently damaged. Because of its construction, you don’t have to worry with an artificial lawn.
Below we have listed a few other environmental benefits of artificial grass:
- Fertilisers or pesticides are not needed.
- Wonderlawn’s customers never have to feed their lawn.
- Carbon emissions are reduced, as you don’t have to use lawn mowers and strimmers.
- No water waste. Use water allowances for plants in the garden, during hosepipe bans.
Read more about the environmental benefits of artificial grass here: https://localgardener.org/is-it-time-to-consider-artificial-grass-as-a-viable-alternative-to-a-natural-lawn/
The benefits of artificial grass for dogs and pets:
- Artificial grass is a great surface for use in dog or pet runs. It’s very easy to keep clean and sterile. Because of its cleanliness, it is a favourite of dog kennel owners.
- An excellent substitute for natural grass around pet pools. No muddy areas where dirt can be carried into the pool by dirty paws.
- Great for high usage areas of the garden, if your dog runs a certain path around your lawn.
- Wonderlawn’s grass can also be used for roof gardens and balconies. With Artificial Grass you don’t have the weight issue, or access problems when mowing it.
We’ve recently installed artificial lawn in a cattery for indoor cats to play in outside! There’s a wonderful installation video here.
Read more about our artificial grass products for dogs by clicking here. or to read more about our other grass lawns click here.
How much does artificial grass installation cost?
Our customers are often surprised how comparable artificial lawn is to a natural lawn. The figures are broken down well in our article on medium: https://medium.com/@wonderlawnuk/how-much-does-artificial-grass-cost-vs-real-turf-c07c38548bb5
Natural turf installation is between £963.94 and £1883.94 whereas, Job Prices website lists the cost of budget artificial grass installation, at around £2050. When you factor in that you won’t be paying for mowing, seeding, watering for at least the next 10 years, artificial grass installation is a bargain!
Here at Wonderlawn our nationwide team are passionate about artificial grass and its installation. We have years of experience that have given us a real insight into the products, expectations and the realities of artificial turf.