When we accept your order, this makes a legally enforceable agreement between you and Wonderlawn. You must read these terms and conditions to make sure you are happy with them, before we proceed.
If you are not sure about anything below, please call us on 0300 700 6000 (local rate call).
1. Definitions In this document the following words shall have the following meanings: 1.1. “Customer” means the person or organisation who purchases goods or services from the Supplier. 1.2. “Supplier” means Wonderlawn Ltd, 8 Browns Park, Brunswick Ind Est, NE13 7GD or any of it’s current UK franchisees. 1.3. “Proposal” means a quotation or document which describes the goods or services which will be provided by the Supplier. 1.4. “Terms and Conditions” mean the Terms and Conditions as set out in this document.
2. General 2.1 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the supply of Goods and Services by the Supplier to the Customer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Customer. 2.2 Any variation to these Terms and Conditions shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by the Supplier. 2.3 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall prejudice any condition or warranty, express or implied, or any legal remedy to which the Supplier may be entitled in relation to the Goods and Services, by virtue of any statute, law or regulation. 2.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect the Customer’s statutory rights as a Consumer.
3. The Order 3.1 The Proposal attached to these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid for a period of 28 days unless agreed otherwise by the supplier. 3.2 The Customer shall be deemed to have accepted the Proposal by placing an order with the Supplier (“the Order”) within the period specified in Clause 3.1. 3.3 All Orders for Goods and Services shall be deemed to be acceptance of the Proposal pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
4. Quality of Goods and Installation 4.1. Creases. Due to artificial grass being supplied on a roll, every effort is made to prevent creasing. However, due to the molecular structure of the product it can crease. The product is not deemed to be faulty if a crease is visible at installation and any creases will naturally fall out within 3 months of the supply or installation. 4.2. Joins/Seams. The supplier will endeavour to make all joins as invisible as possible. However, joins are occasionally visible due to the molecular structure of the product and other factors such as temperature. Our Warranty does not cover join visibility. 4.3. A slight colour differential is possible on grass from separate batches. The supplier cannot accept liability for minor colour variations, or slight changes to yarn shape or length. An up to date product specification is always available from Wonderlawn head office. 4.4. Our installation method states that we will install a sub-base of between 60mm and 150mm, depending on the ground conditions. This comprises of between 40mm and 120mm of type 1 aggregate and between 15mm and 30mm of a finer aggregate, usually Granodust (6mm to dust) or as advised on our quotation. This will be installed either by excavating from the lowest point of the lawn; or by building up the current level of lawn by this amount. We will always keep the natural shape/gradient of the lawn unless otherwise agreed between the Supplier and the Customer. It is not our intention to create a perfectly level lawn, except in circumstances that has been agreed and documented in our written Proposal. 4.5. Magnifying surfaces, such as glass, clear plastic or reflective surfaces could cause scorching of the surface of an artificial lawn. In particular, care should be taken when installing grass around Bifold doors as when half open, they can cause a “prism” effect increasing the surface temperature significantly. It is the customer’s responsibility to prevent this and damage is not covered by the Warranty. Repairs to scorched grass will be chargeable. 4.6. Areas of artificial grass that are prone to high footfall can have a tendency to flatten due to consistent pressure on the blades, causing them to compress. This can give the grass a different appearance to the sections of lawn that are not compressed. The supplier does not provide any warranty against flattening and these areas should be brushed regularly to help with this appearance. 4.7 All samples, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued by the company and any descriptions, illustrations, drawings, photographs or displays (including those relating to colours, materials, finishes, weights, sizes and dimensions), published in the company’s catalogues or brochures or on the company’s website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the goods and services described. They shall not form part of the contract.
5. Title 5.1 Title in the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until the Supplier has been paid in full for the Goods.
6. Customer Obligations The customer shall: 6.1. Obtain all necessary permissions, licences and consents which may be required before the commencement of the services, the cost of which shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer. 6.2. Provide the Supplier with any information reasonably required by the Supplier. It is the obligation of the Customer to inform the Supplier of any problematic issues with drainage, including any future works which may effect the drainage of the site or de-stabilise the base; Wildlife, such as moles, rabbits or any protected species in which an installation may disturb or effect the wildlife. This must be declared in advance of the Supplier making a Proposal for works and thus completing an installation. If such information is provided additional preventative measures can be deployed and the installation method amended accordingly. 6.2a Permits for work must be brought to the attention of the Suppler before a quote is drawn up. This includes skip, skip permits, or any other permit pertaining to the installation. 6.3. Comply with such other requirements as may be set out in the Proposal or otherwise agreed between the parties. 6.4. Ensure that, once an installation date has been agreed in writing between both parties, the job can be carried out on this date. If for any reason the installation will not be able to be completed, the customer must advise the Supplier at least 48 hours prior to the installation date. If for reasons out of the control of the Supplier such as restricted access, not advised prior to the installation, mean that our installation team are unable to commence work, a callout charge of £350.00 + VAT will apply. 6.5. It is the obligation of the Customer to inform the Supplier of any electrical cables or pipe-work in the installation area that could be damaged by excavations or fixings. The Supplier will endeavour to identify such issues during a site survey, but cannot accept liability for subterranean damage caused to appliances and structures not previously notified. 6.6. The customer is obliged to notify the Supplier of any invasive plants such as Japanese knotweed, bamboo or tree roots that might spread beneath the installed lawn and cause material changes to the installation. The Supplier bears no liability for any damage caused in such a manner. Repairs to any damage caused to the installation by invasive plants, not previously notified to the Supplier will be chargeable and covered under a separate Proposal. 6.7 The customer agrees that any additional materials including but not limited to aggregates, timber and artificial grass, needed over and above those outlined in the quotation and proposal, shall be paid for at current market rate plus labour. For the avoidance of doubt, these current rates are: Sub base material £80 per ton. Granno £120 per ton. Artificial grass rate pro-rata as original quote. Labour £350 per day.
7. Supplier Obligations 7.1. The Supplier warrants that the product will, at the time of delivery, correspond to the description given by the Supplier. 7.2. The Supplier shall perform the services with reasonable skill and care, and to a reasonable standard in accordance with recognised industry and codes of practice.
8. Payment 8.1. Prior to commencement of work, a deposit will be due upon confirmation of an installation date, or placement of an order, whichever is the earlier, depending on franchise. The remaining total order value is due on completion, (Wonderlawn define completion as the base and grass being installed). Minor snagging issues will be dealt with as soon as possible, but monies should not be retained by the customer until these are remedied. 8.2. The Supplier is entitled to charge interest on any invoices that are not paid per agreed terms at a rate of 8.00% per annum above the base rate of the Bank of England from the date the invoice falls due to the date the invoice is paid. 8.4. Payment can be made via bank transfer, cheque or by using a credit or debit card. We are able to accept MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, Delta, Solo or Visa Electron although we reserve the right to vary these from time to time without notice. 8.5. Materials increase. If the cost of materials for a job have risen since the time of the original quote, the customer may be liable for this price increase. We endeavour to notify the customer of this as soon as possible.
9. Cancellations and refunds 9.1. As per current regulations, a customer may cancel a contract for the purchase of goods or services – other than goods which are made-to-order, made to the customers specification or specially ordered (and for the avoidance of doubt, all artificial grass products are, for the purposes of this clause, made-to-order) for whatever reason, up to 14 days from the date of confirmation of order. 9.2 In order to cancel a contract on the basis described in clause 9.1 the customer must inform the supplier of the customers decision to cancel. The customer must inform the supplier in writing or by email to email@example.com. 9.3 The customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that all artificial grass installations provided by the supplier are deemed “made-to-order” and upon placing an order for such an installation, there shall be no right to a refund of fee’s or any deposit paid for any reason whatsoever.
10. Waste removal 10.1. If required, the Supplier will organise booking of the skip or grab and the cost is included in the quotation. The skip is booked based on containing soil waste only, therefore if the customer (or a third party, neighbours etc) adds mixed waste (furniture, bulk items) without prior approval from the Supplier – the Supplier reserves the right to charge a 30% premium (based on the original cost of the skip). 10.2. Collection and delivery of skips are via a third party and Wonderlawn can not be held responsible for delays or damages due to the third party supplier.
11. Returns 11.1. Where the product is faulty or does not comply with any of the Contract, the Customer must notify the Supplier within 7 days of installation and the Customer shall be entitled to replacement Goods.
14. Force Majeure 14.1. Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, pandemics, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, the act or omission of government, extreme weather conditions such as heat or flooding, highway authorities or any telecommunications carrier, operator or administration or other competent authority, or the delay or failure in manufacture, production, or supply by third parties of equipment or services, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations after notifying the other party of the nature and extent of such events.
15. Date of installation The date of installation specified by the Supplier is provided for estimate purposes. Whilst every effort is made to meet customer expectations, time for delivery shall not be of the essence of the contract and the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the goods.
16. Limitation of Liability 16.1 Except in respect of death or personal injury due to negligence for which no limit applies, the entire liability of the Supplier to the Customer in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the price paid by the Customer to which the claim relates. 16.2 In no circumstance, shall the Supplier be liable to the Customer for any loss of business, loss of opportunity or loss of profits or for any other indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever. This shall apply even where such a loss was reasonably foreseeable or the Supplier had been made aware of the possibility of the Customer incurring such a loss. 16.3 Nothing present in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the liability of the supplier for death or personal injury resulting from the Supplier’s negligence or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
17. Governing Law These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The UK is currently experiencing a public health emergency as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. It is critical that employers, employees and customers take steps to keep everyone safe. These brief points are to help customers understand how to work safely with us and keep safe during this pandemic.
Unless instructed, customers should never enter their garden once work has begun.
Any tools or materials left on site, should never be touched or moved by any none-member of Wonderlawn or their franchisees. If you require something moved for access, please speak to your installer.
All customers must comply with social distancing guidelines (2m), when interacting with a member of Wonderlawn or their franchisees.
Sites will be cleaned down upon work completion, but should be left for a minimum of 48 hours after clean down, before use. You may also wish to disinfect any work surfaces or your new lawn before use.
Failing to adhere to these guidelines as a customer will incur an extra clean down cost for the site, to protect employees while working. Any materials or tools interfered with by a customer (without prior consent) may also incur a clean down cost. These extra steps are for your and our safety and may significantly slow down completion of your job if we have to clean a site daily before work begins.