1 Mar 2015
5 Tips to Weatherproof your Garden
British weather is, to put it mildly, a bit unpredictable. It seems that when it’s hot it’s scorching, when it’s cold it’s freezing, and when it’s raining it’s pouring. If your favourite plants are simply not lasting the seasons, here’s 5 weatherproof options you need for a great garden year round, all of which have been compiled in this handy infographic (click the image to view the full sized version):
- Heather is easy to grow and very hardy, seeing out rain hail and shine with ease. The beautiful colour will make any garden look great as they are one of the earliest blooming plants. Heather is also loved by bumblebees, which means pollinated plants.
- Rhododendrons require minimal pruning and are an evergreen plant, meaning that they will look great almost all year round. These attractive flowers can also be moved very easily due to their shallow roots. An a attractive no-nonsense plant that requires minimal effort.
- Primulas are fantastic for your herbaceous border, with flowers in summer and foliage all year. The popular primula plant features a variety of different coloured flowers, including purple, red, white and yellow. Breathe new life into your garden in an instant with this fast taking plant.
- Camellias benefit from attractive green foliage even after the spring flowers have gone. Although they are better for sheltered areas, camellias are still a hardy plant that can be grown in full sun, partial or complete shade and are known for withstanding the coldest winters.
- Azaleas are evergreen and are available in a wide variety of colours. Azaleas are fully hardy and can withstand temperatures down to -15°C, meaning they’re perfect for the UK weather. We recommend planting these en masse for a bright, colourful effect that really sings.
Here at Wonderlawn, we understand the challenges avid or even occasional gardeners face when it comes to weatherproofing your garden. This is why we’ve created the perfect artificial grass for all garden types. Requiring almost zero maintenance, our artificial grass never needs trimming, cutting or watering, meaning you can sit back and relax, confident your lawn will look fantastic all year round.
For more information, Contact Wonderlawn, the artificial grass experts on 0333 700 6000 or email@example.com and get your weatherproof garden started today!